IT Services Engineer/Field Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
IT Services Engineer - Manchester area/Hybrid - European Market leader - to £35,000!
Prestigious opportunity for an IT Service Engineer with a market leader across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) territories, A top performing NASDAQ listed business employing around 1800 people worldwide. Based in Manchester but working remotely, travel once a week to one of our North West offices.
As our IT Services Engineer you will be responsible for providing IT support across all group sites in the North West, but particularly those located in Manchester, Liverpool, and Wales. As such, a full, clean driving licence along with flexibility to travel to other sites and spend time away from home is required.
- Working independently at remote sites
- Rack, install, and maintain server, storage, and related networking hardware (Dell, NetApp, Cisco)
- Use of the company's IT helpdesk system to properly prioritise and resolve IT support issues
- Help support workstations, printers, desk and mobile phones, and network devices
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Contribute to IT audit tasks and actions required for it
- Ensure IT areas of sites remain tidy and organised and promote improvements
- Manage or contribute to IT projects as directed
If you possess a combination of some of the following skills, then LETS TALK!
- Previous experience in a similar role providing troubleshooting and support
- Windows Servers
- Understanding of Networks, Printers and hardware
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, quickly responding to support needs
- Proven ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Evidence of effective planning, organisational and time management abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
In return you will be rewarded with ongoing training and support. A pool car will be provided for travel to other locations outside of your main office and accommodation will be paid should an overnight stay be required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.