Research Associate (f/m/d)
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by ITech Consult
Research Associate ex vivo/in vivo models in Rare Blood Disorders (f/m/d) - Mouse handling / confocal / LTK/ in vitro/English
For our customer a big pharmaceutical company in Basel we are looking for a highly qualified Research Associate ex vivo/in vivo models in Rare Blood Disorders.
In the Immunology group, we are developing cutting edge therapies to treat rare blood disorders. As a member of Immunology, you will be part of a highly collaborative, international group of research associates and scientists that are developing medicines for the future. We're currently looking for a research associate to validate and apply ex vivo/in vivo models to study rare blood disorders (bleeding/thrombotic disorders, anemia, etc ). Together with a larger team, you will work with primary human cells and tissues to establish novel organ-on-a-chip models. In addition, you will characterize and implement animal models of hemostasis and thrombosis. The ex vivo and in vivo approaches will require you to apply sophisticated imaging and molecular techniques to these systems.
The perfect candidate:
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You enjoy teamwork, diligence and efficiency. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner, you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Validate and apply novel in vitro systems (incl. micro physiological systems, organoids, "organon-a-chip") for the discovery and validation of new targets or therapeutic agents that can be leveraged to address rare blood disorders
- Apply state-of-the-art imaging technologies (eg confocal & life cell imaging) to the analysis of in vitro test systems
- Work with primary cells and tissues including patient-derived material
- Collaboratively design, execute, and interpret data for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of rare blood disorders
- Continuously improve test systems, treatment, analysis, and data evaluation. Contribute to work process optimization including data capture, storage and assay automation
- Work closely with all members of the group, share duties, maintain a clean work environment and actively contribute to the positive work atmosphere within the group
- MSc/BSc in Life Sciences (cellular/molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology), or completion of an apprenticeship for a research associate
- 4 years of practical academic or industry experience
- Experience in imaging technologies (confocal, live cell), data analysis and result evaluations
- Mouse (IP, IV, SC, oral gavage, catheter implementation) and blood collection (vena cava, retro orbital or intra-cardiac)
- LTK module 1, FELASA or equivalent certification
- Skillfully able to interact effectively with people, strong commitment to teamwork
- Very good communication skills in English
- Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in terminal and survival surgery in mouse
- Experience in working with human tissues (eg histochemistry, cell isolation)
Reference Nr. 922057TP
Role: Research Associate ex vivo/in vivo models in Rare Blood Disorders
If you are interested in this position, please send us your complete dossier via the link in this advertisement.