Lead Software Developer Java - Technologist
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Client Server
Lead Software Developer/Engineer Java.Hybrid WFH* to £175k
Are you a Lead Software Developer with Back End Java expertise?
You could be progressing your career in a senior, hands-on role at a scale-up technology company that are producing a suite of digital banking solutions; they have successfully launched one product and are now scaling up with secure funding and ambitious growth plans.
Your day to day:
As the Lead Software Developer you'll partner with the CTO and act as the operational lead in all aspects of software engineering across the full stack of the new product. You'll take ownership of the company's development and end-to-end integration and deployment within a cloud based environment, aligning them with product development.
You'll make the technical decisions, advising the company on software and service architectures as well as ensuring compliance with security and financial domain regulations. They're already using a host of modern technologies (eg JVM with Java 11, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Helm, MongoDB, PostgreSQL); however, it'll be your job to decide on future tools and processes and in time, build a team around you.
Following a remote interview you will be able to work from home most of the time, joining a small team in the London office 1-2 days a week.
- You have experience in a similar Lead Software Developer role within a small company environment that has experienced rapid growth
- You have strong Java skills, they're using Java 11
- You have a good appreciation of how to make systems scalable and highly available
- You have expertise with at least one cloud based platform, they're using AWS
- You have a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals ie Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithm Design, OOP
- You have a good understanding of cyber security and compliance best practice; DevOps environments/tools (eg Kubernetes, Docker); Data streaming (eg Kafka); databases (eg MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- You have leadership experience and are able to build a team around you
As the Lead Software Developer/Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £175k) plus benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Lead Software Developer/Engineer (Java AWS microservices) opportunity.