Actuary - Life Insurance
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by HSBC Bank plc
The Actuarial Function, UK provide actuarial support to the Insurance UK and Insurance Malta entities. This covers the first line actuarial responsibilities including:
- Financial Reporting
- Modelling and Analytics
- Application and review of controls
- Ad-hoc actuarial support required by the entities or by Group business and functions.
- Deliver high quality results in line with requirements.
- Establish and/or maintain system/Infrastructure that supports the IFRS Reporting Standards in support of business objectives.
- Provide the information needed to the drive decision making process.
- Contribute to the design, build, and operation of assigned project tasks.
- Meet targets for data improvement so that reporting is sufficiently accurate for regulatory, management reporting and external publication.
Experience / Education
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong communication skills - applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Typical qualifications would include a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject and the role holder will have professional qualifications in actuarial sciences.
- In depth experience with reporting processes and the reporting control environment
- Navigating - understanding and translating Change Delivery objectives and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring - being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery
- Driving - setting stretching goals for self and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising - authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining - making considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business
New Road Recruitment Ltd
BRITISH RED CROSS-11
B C T Resourcing