Data Analytics Manager - Aerospace & Defence
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
My client is seeking individuals with solid technical backgrounds and strong analytics skills to join their Technology Risk Data team. This exciting role will fully utilise your existing programming, data analysis and data management skills. Strong technical skills are essential, as you will be required to develop solutions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
This is a client delivery focused role working with Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence, which typically involves the manipulation, analysis and modelling of complex data and transformations using innovative techniques to extract the necessary intelligence from related data assets. You will also be involved in transforming an organisation approach to exploitation of data considering people, process and technology factors.
The work is highly varied, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to improve and take their skills to the next level by gaining strong consulting and business experience whilst developing their ability to manage work streams, projects and budgets.
This exciting role will fully utilise programming, data analysis and data management skills. Strong technical skills are essential, as you will be expected to develop solutions either individually or as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team. Key responsibilities include
* All aspects of project delivery, i.e. from initial client consultation to presentation of results. You will be responsible for the delivery of client-facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts
* Data analysis, manipulation, querying and profiling - assisting in the development of sales collateral and ability to communicate this information both within KPMG and externally to clients
* Teamwork: you will be either a key team member on large complex assignments and/or will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements
* Developing people - you will provide clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. You will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the growth of others
* Business Development - supporting proposal and contract / proposition development, and building and maintaining client relationships
* Practice management, e.g. training, knowledge management
Key Skills and Competencies
Demonstrable experience of some of the following is required:
* Core data analytics skills using Excel or SQL
* Data management experience including traditional ETL knowledge, data quality, data governance etc.
* Reporting/visualisation - Qlik, Tableau, Spotfire, SAS for COTS and Pentaho for open source
* Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis (such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis)
* Handling large data volumes (incl. efficiency and scalability concepts)
* Managing individuals and teams in a changing environment
Candidates should either hold or be capable of obtaining, Security Check (SC) clearance from the UK Government.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or expectations associated with a job. The management team reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from jobs and to assign other duties as necessary