Strategy and Commissioning Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Strategy and Commissioning
In collaboration :
* To set the corporate strategy and priorities, ensuring these are based on evidence and aligned with political priorities.
* Ensuring services, programmes, projects and employees are working towards a common set of outcomes as specified in the Corporate Plan.
* To design & commission how the outcomes defined in strategic planning get delivered. This will include identifying resources, partnerships and funding, managing large scale procurements and then ongoing strategic contract and performance management.
* This role may also include representing the Council's interest on third party bodies, wholly or partially owned entities and with strategic partnerships.
Scope of Role
* To drive, develop and oversee the implementation of the key strategies within adult social care. This will include the development of our Market Positioning Statement, Learning Disability Strategy and ASC Local Account.
* Enabling the effective development of the social care provider market (including services not directly commissioned by the council) in order to:
* Ensure that a sufficiently diverse range of services are available that prevent, delay or reduce the need for statutory care and support
* Ensure that these services offer quality social care to the council (where directly commissioned), to personal budget holders and to self funders
* Leading the strategic management of social care markets:
* Maintaining an effective and robust relationship with providers
* Directing the market to meet the strategic priorities of the council and the projected social care needs of residents (including the use of regularly updated market position statements)
* Oversight of the quality of the services offered by providers in order to ensure continuous improvement
* Using market intelligence to maintain oversight of the long term sustainability of markets and market providers
* Leading, managing and maintaining an excellent framework for commissioning practice including:
* The delivery of high quality planning, commissioning, performance management and improvement processes to drive change, innovation and excellence in social care commissioning in line with national and local priorities
* Ensuring that ASC has relevant and robust information relating to the client group, to develop and maintain the understanding of local need
* Partnership with social care operational managers, peer commissioners and managers (including health) to secure data, intelligence and evidence to inform commissioning processes
* Strategies which support the delivery of high quality services and where appropriate de-commissioning and re-designing services
* On-going market development work to engage providers in council priorities, strategies and aspirations
* A strong focus on involving users and carers in service design and performance management
* Management of all aspects of all major tenders and procurements within the category, ensuring that all procurement activity complies at all times with the council's Standing Orders
* Leading contract and performance management of commissioned services
within the category for the council
* Strong performance monitoring and data quality mechanisms and processes, including audit of performance in line with national standards and performance measures
* Robust cost management for the council including the delivery of cashable savings and
efficiencies to enable the council to achieve budgetary targets on external expenditure
Ensuring that the social care needs of residents are addressed at all times by an appropriate balance of resources, knowledge and skills.
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful
Just Recruitment Solutions Limited