Health and Safety Advisor
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
My client is a leading manufacturer in Flint, who are looking for a NEBOSH certified Health and Safety Advisor who has FMCG experience in Warehouse and Chemical mixing facilities
The purpose of the role is to assist the Group H&S Manager in evaluating and developing current and future safety systems, creating a safety culture within the business.
The role will involve working with Operational Managers to ensure that employees remain in a safe working environment, and providing advise where appropriate. Undertaking risk assessments, DSE assessments, and investigating accidents and incidents to ensure that we prevent any issues for occurring again in the future with the focus on behavioural safety improvements.
Principal health, safety and environmental functions are:-
* Successful development and deployment of a Health and Safety Management System, written to ISO 18001 Standard for 3 Sites across Europe and 1 site in construction phase.
* Health and Safety Consultant for a subsidiary manufacturing company.
* Introduction of a fully managed Contractor Approval System.
* Conducting Weekly Health and Safety Compliance Reviews for each unit across the business, carrying out risk assessment and identifying corrective action plans for improvement; ensuring follow up meetings with Management for verification.
* Business Partnering the Lotion Plant Manager to address issues on Chemical Handling, Mixing, COSHH, Transportation of Chemicals, LEV and Risk Assessment.
* Accident and Incident Investigation and Corrective Action tracking.
* Conducting Manufacturing Production Line and Work Equipment PUWER Assessments.
* Analysis and trending of safety statistics and performance across the business, monitoring KPI's and presenting findings to senior management.
* Provision of health and safety advice in line with current legislation and best practice to all levels within the organisation, including senior management.
* Mentoring Safety Representatives and driving shop floor safety compliance.
* Proactively and reactively supporting electrical, mechanical, civil, maintenance, shop floor, and workshop personnel, ensuring all planned and reactive work was controlled.
Apply today to find out more
The Business Connection