Senior User Researcher
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Harvey Nash Plc
Senior User Researcher - 6 months - Inside IR35 - Hybrid working
Day Rate - Up to £550+
Harvey Nash's public sector client are currently looking to recruit multiple Senior User Researcher's to join their team based in Edinburgh/Remotely for an initial 6 month period.
- Leading on a range of qualitative and quantitative user research activities to support business and project needs
- Working closely with senior members of project teams to provide clear, actionable insights and support decision making
- Advocating the value of user research by engaging colleagues and stakeholders who are new to user centred design
- Championing the inclusion of different types of users in appropriate research activities.
- Advocating for accessibility, assisted digital and inclusive research and design practices to help teams deliver accessible services that work for all.
- Supporting teams to continually improve their understanding of and engagement with users and their needs, and helping them embed this insight into their work.
- Managing ethics documentation, data protection and equalities impact assessments.
- Understanding user-centred service design and delivery practices.
- Helping raise awareness of the social and technological context for government services.
- Participate in and/or support programme and project assurance activities.
- Line management of more junior user researchers
- Other duties as required by your Division to support wider corporate activities.
- Experience of playing a lead role in a research setting; designing and delivering a wide range of inclusive user-centred research using appropriate research methods (qualitative and quantitative).
- Experience of using appropriate communication techniques to share research insights with diverse audiences, with a view to ensuring the insights lead to actionable outcomes.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience of designing research sessions to ensure they are inclusive and meet the diverse needs of participants.
- Experience of managing personal data, consent processes and other ethical considerations when working with research participants.
- Experience of user research in a public sector setting.
- Experience of leading either digital first or GDS service assessments.
- Experience of working in a user-centred way in a large and complex business setting.
This role has been deemed inside IR35 by the client. Applicants must hold, or be happy to apply for, a valid standard Disclosure Scotland. Please click the link to apply.