Insight & Strategy Manager
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Salt
Salt is proud to collaborate with one of the UK's fastest growing restaurants as they seek to hire an Insights & Strategy Manager for their team on an immediate starting contract. Reporting directly to the Head of Insight and Strategy, you will offer valuable support by uncovering trends, finding relevant information, interrogate customer data across multiple sources and develop a deep understanding of their customer base to best inform key business decisions, identify value and ultimately help the business meet it's strategy and performance targets.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Champion the voice of the customer base by presenting research, strategic insight and recommended strategy in a clear and informative way to stakeholders across the business.
- Responsible for ongoing brand tracking of the company and key competitors, using brand tracking tool, highlighting any changes or areas of concern requiring further investigation.
- Develop competitor insight/review the landscape to inform key brand campaigns, review and evaluate the performance of said campaigns and other brand activity.
- Project manage ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative insight projects and embed those learnings cross-functionally.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of data using platforms like BrandVue (Savanta) and with ad hoc datasets.
- Project manage the Customer Experience programme and cadence of reporting.
- Support in driving continual improvement, ensuring that the programme delivers valuable insight to the business and informs customer facing decisions and operational improvement plans.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with research agency partners.
- Develop social media analysis reporting, highlighting key issues and volume changes.
- Assist Customer Services with reporting where required.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand the hot topic and key business questions.
- Script, field and analyse ad-hoc surveys on the CRM database - analyse, interpret and present findings back to key stakeholders.
Key Skills Required:
- Circa 2+ years' experience performing multidimensional analysis; at a minimum highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proven experience with consumer research, including drafting briefs, developing surveys, selecting agencies and synthesising output
- Ability to convey complicated data in a logical and easy-to-understand style
- Ability to present in a professional, charismatic way, great storyteller
- Translate key insights into actionable recommendations
- Ideally hold an interest in and passion for food, restaurants and the hospitality sector
- Advantageous but not essential prior experience with other relevant software & analytics packages as well - eg Toluna, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, Google Analytics.