Data Engineer - Bristol
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Join the UK's largest fleet car operator on multiple Data projects utilising the latest data technologies.
Analysing, designing, and developing solutions, as part of the Data and BI team.
Largest car fleet operator in the UK, providing solutions to over 600,000 customers with a customer satisfaction rating of 9.8/10. Employing around 1200 people across 3 UK sites.
The Data & Business Intelligence team provides tools and methods for the wider business to garner insights from our data warehouse and data lake. Mainly working on Oracle technologies hosted on AWS, with use of snowflake and postgres.
Within the D&BI team, the successful candidate would be:
- Designing, building, and maintaining a Data Warehouse and related applications.
- Analysing, developing, delivering, and managing Business Intelligence reports in OAS and other tools
- Assisting in the design of the ETL process, including data quality, reconciliation, and testing
- Contributing to technical process improvement initiatives
- Supporting UAT processes by working with stakeholders to successfully sign-off business requirements
- Assisting in prioritisation and estimation of project work
Essential Skills -
- Experience of building a data warehouse using an ETL/ELT tool
- Star schema/dimensional modelling.
- Excellent SQL skills
- Good knowledge of standard data formats (XML, JSON, csv, etc)
- Proven experience of delivering BI solutions for business requirements
- Experience of developing using an Agile development approach
Desirable Skills -
- Proven Experience of Oracle ODI
- Experience in Oracle
- Familiarity with Snowflake
- Experience of building Oracle OBIEE/OAS reports & dashboards
- Experience with working on the cloud, preferably with AWS, including certifications
- Familiarity with Apex
- Data migration
- Understanding of machine learning or data science, including python.
"We know that our people are key to our success and our aim is to create an environment that allows our employees to flourish. We look for highly motivated people with a combination of commercial sense and real enthusiasm for meeting our customers' needs and in return, we offer the flexibility to balance your personal and work life."
- Hybrid Working (Bristol)
- Excellent Employee Benefits