Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Nexere Consulting Limited
If this salary is not suited to you, please do not apply.
The Quality Engineer will be involved in the continuous improvement of Quality Processes from concept and prototype stages, through to post production and customer support.
As Quality Engineer, you will have a strong background in Quality systems and tools in a design, manufacturing, and service environment
Your Day to Day
Our customer base includes many different industries and markets around the world. Our complete TETRA and LTE solutions have been developed specifically for users in multiple sectors to face their critical communications challenges.
You will be supported by your manager and team, as well as collaborating with other departments across the business. As diverse as, Product strategy, Product Development, Manufacturing, Product conformance, Customer support and After sales functions, activities you will be responsible for include:
- Contributing to VOC reviews for product/project requirements, continually evaluating and improving the requirements capture process.
- Analysing existing product performance data and feed improvement opportunities into new projects for scoping.
- Improving product development efficiency through the reduction of rework and unplanned development cycles by applying industry best practices.
- Participate in xFMEA and DFx reviews ensuring that the total process will deliver a product that meets the requirements specifications
- To own Critical To Quality measurement points, ensuring that the supply chain is capable of producing the parts in line with the quality and capacity requirements
- Lead Root Cause Analysis of issues found across the business. To ensure that corrective and preventative actions are put in place.
- To hold deputy sign-off responsibility for product/component release to manufacture and projects transfer product ownership to the Operations department
- To support and mentor other business functions and supply chain in the successful use of Quality toolkit
- Communicating the successes and failures of quality improvement activities to all stakeholders effectively
This job involves some travelling so the successful applicant will have a full, clean driving licence and their own car.
Some international travel (up to 10%) will be required, and this will require the successful applicant shall be required to hold a current passport.
Travel expenses will be paid.
The role will require security clearance
Degree level qualification in Manufacturing/Engineering/Technology
Experience and Skills
- Experience in Engineering Based Quality role; Product Quality, Product and process engineering.
- Previous experience in Electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Experience in an AGILE software development environment
- Knowledge and practical use of six sigma methodology and tools to improve product developments and manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving techniques (5-why, 8D, kaizen, etc.)
- Proven experience of defining and ensuring CTQs are established and achieved during product development activities