Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Lorien
Category Manager - Sourcing Specialist
6 month contract
Watford - hybrid working
£450 per day, inside IR35
About the role
Through collaboration with the business and vendors alike, the Category Manager will ensure that the needs of the business are fully met through the implementation of optimal sourcing solutions.
The role will require the use of a variety of tools and techniques including, but not limited to, cost based pricing, cost targeting, total cost of ownership, demand management, supplier relationship management, trend analysis, process improvement and consortia buying to create competitive cost advantage. The Category Manager will ensure that the needs of the business and variables such as future growth and expansion across Europe, legislation, currency and commodity fluctuations are fully understood.
Global Strategic Sourcing
- Executes global, international and national category plans via tools Embedded in the strategic sourcing methodology and in collaboration with internal business partners
- Embraces regional international and cross-functional multi-cultural teams in the execution of the strategic sourcing process and the implementation of the strategy
- Develops and evolves product or service requirements across all brands and geographies
- Maximises opportunities to batch multi-divisional requirements to create larger pools of sourcing to increase savings
- Pro-actively uses state-of-the-art automated sourcing processes including but not limited to auctions, RFX's, and relationship management systems
Regional Vendor Management
- Manages the commercial element of supplier relationships
- Understands tradeoffs of risk, quality, and cost, and be able to manage each area through supplier management, contracting, and negotiations
- Maintains fair, courteous and productive relationships with all international strategic vendors and reinforces positive brand image within the vendor community
Are you interested? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age