Quality Assurance Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Mezzetta
At Mezzetta we just don't believe in Quality, it is one of our core beliefs. Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, Mezzetta has earned our status as the National Leader of glass packed peppers and olives. It is our drive for the highest quality that has enabled us to become a national category leader.
The Quality Assurance Manager will lead the development and execution of all Quality Assurance programs and activities that ensure compliance with company policies, Mezzetta quality standards, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices including GMP, GFSI and HACCP. The Quality Assurance Manager will integrate quality assurance and quality control into all functions and people to ensure that Mezzetta quality standards are met or exceeded.
• Lead, inspire, monitor and ensure that quality department is scheduled, staffed and trained through coaching, counseling and praising to guarantee positive job results and employee retention.
• Analyze, monitor and achieve financial objectives by meeting the quality assurance budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and implementing corrective actions.
• Ensure that company quality standards are consistently applied within the organization and compatible with food safety standards found in the market by collaborating cross-functionally with management, operators, QA and engineers.
• Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing, for ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods.
• Establish key performance indicators (KPI's) and metrics to report and present quality results and ensure desired objectives are met; develop enhancements as needed.
• Ensure manufacturing specifications, standards, protocols and procedures for quality control and new product development are followed.
All candidates should have:
• Bachelors of Science or equivalent technical degree. Food Science or similar fields of study a plus.
• 5 + years' experience in food processing.
• 3+ years' experience in people management.
Life at Mezzetta
Mezzetta is an organization that is rich in history, as well as potential. Founded over 80 years ago, Mezzetta is still owned and operated by the Mezzetta family. Our current CEO, Jeff Mezzetta, has driven our brands growth and evolution into the amazing family of products we offer today.
Today you can expect a dynamic organization. Mezzetta competes to be the leader in every Category we enter. Our leadership team features talent from major CPG companies such as Campbell's, ConAgra, Pepsi, Nestle, and PulmuOne Foods. Our team has grown to over 300 in recent years and features a diverse group of professionals who love to Share Joy by putting the best of themselves into everything we do!
At Mezzetta, we strive to add joy to everything we do. From our glass-jarred, globally inspired products to our spirited company culture, we believe in celebrating and sharing the little things that make life special.
It all began in 1935, when Giuseppe Mezzetta brought a taste of Italy to his new home in San Francisco. Today, more than 80 years later, our passion for food and flavor is stronger than ever. Now led by CEO Jeff Mezzetta, Giuseppe's great-grandson, the company has expanded nationally to showcase a wide variety of premium products from across the globe, like Greek peperoncini, olives, pasta sauce and other Mediterranean products. But our unwavering commitment to family recipes, world-class ingredients, and unforgettable flavor remains the same, and we aren't satisfied until we get it right.
At our family-owned company, everyone is an honorary Mezzetta - from the farmers to the team on the factory floor, from the sales team who keep the shelves stocked to our loyal fans who seek a bit of adventure in every meal. That's how it's always been at Mezzetta, and that's how it always will be.
Cresleigh Homes Corporation
Community Action of Napa Valley
Blue Royal Staffing
Blue Royal Staffing