Property Operations Specialist
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Project People
MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and Three for serving their tens of millions of customers in the UK. Working at MBNL means being part of a team where you feel connected, valued and supported.
The Role: This role will join the Property Operations Team and will lead the optimisation of the power portfolio through resolution of power infrastructure incidents and lead long term power infrastructure projects. The role will also lead on financial reporting activities for the Property Power team
What you can expect to be doing:
- Lead the modernisation and CSI of tools, reporting mechanisms and processes associated to managing the power infrastructure (metering, generators, DNO infra, billing)
- Delivering the power metering strategy, controlling the budget to ensure timely delivery of this long-term project
- Lead the optimisation of the power portfolio including the removing or altering of unnecessary power infrastructure.
- Establish a process to identify exceptions in consumption patterns and gain assurance that these are driven by expected factors.
- Take ownership and responsibility for resolving power availability issues and incidents and drive resolution of operational impacting tickets outside of service partner scope.
- Lead the interactions between Property Operations and Finance to set annual budgets and reporting to support re-forecasts of the energy budget
- Act as an escalation point for operational and deployment support teams and third-party providers in the resolution of power problems and incidents by communicating effectively and managing expectations.
- Providing insight on partner performance in power problem management and challenging where appropriate.
- Identify improvement initiatives to reduce site running opex and increase resilience of the network, focusing on solutions that provide long term value in respect of cost reduction or performance improvements.
- Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive improvements, continuous improvements and learning
What we are looking for:
- Good financial control skills
- Excellent reporting and communication
- Strong project management skills
- Good understanding of mobile and power infrastructure
- Recent experience of using Microsoft Suite, particularly Power
- Ability to draw conclusions and themes from data and take initiative to drive continuous process improvements.
MBNL - building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other's uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.