Risk & Governance Team Member
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by FirstPort
Hours: 35 hours per week
As Risk and Governance Team Member you will contribute to our vision of being the leading residential property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Ensuring FirstPort's compliance with all regulatory requirements including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) particularly with regards data subject rights requests.
- To assist and support the Business Conduct team.
You are currently working in a support or administrative role, where you have an understanding of the principles of Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering and Anti Bribery and Corruption and want to broaden your skills in a fast paced organisation.
As you have excellent skills in MS Office you can clearly communicate with colleagues and especially external customers.
You thrive in a busy environment and pride yourself on being extremely organised and able to prioritise workload effectively.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Processing and responding to all Data Subject Rights and third party disclosure requests received by FirstPort with support from the Risk and Governance Officer.
- Liaising with the public, external agencies such as the police and internal colleagues.
- Assist the Business Conduct team in all activities including the compliance framework, audit programme, breach investigations and monthly reporting.
- Keeping accurate compliance records and updating the internal logs and registers where required.
- Provide general support services to the Business Conduct team to ensure their responsibilities are met and their time is utilised effectively.
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
Inventive - We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
Respectful - We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.
Skilled - We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.
Trustworthy - We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benef