Category manager - Leading FMCG
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Bramwith Consulting
Procurement Category manager - Leading global FMCG - West London - £50-60k + car allowance + package
Job Title: Procurement Category Manager - Vegetables and co-pack
Location: West London
Contact: Shiva at
Leading FMCG organisation with a newly transformed award-winning procurement function, is looking for a strong procurement professional to lead the category strategy and sourcing activities across various direct categories.
Having acquired new business over the course of the year, a newly created procurement category manager position is available for a confident food buying expert to shape the way the vegetables, co-pack and ingredients procurement categories function. You will have the opportunity to not only manage a team of 3 buyers and a spend of circa £110m, but you will work across different categories, gaining invaluable expertise and category knowledge. With endless opportunities for professional development, this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious senior buyer with management experience wanting to progress their career.
As a procurement category manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the sourcing activities across procurement, including but not limited to vegetables, co-pack and manufacturing
- Negotiating with key suppliers, both in the UK and across Europe
- Working alongside senior stakeholders, across 5 business units to deliver significant cost savings
- Using your procurement expertise to manage category costs in line with budgets and drive continuous projects for improvement
- Leading and developing a team of 3 senior buyer
As a procurement category manager, you will have:
- Demonstrated responsibility of a category and a team.
- Strong end to end procurement experience
- Degree + CIPS desirable but not essential
This is a rare opportunity for a confident procurement professional to join a thriving organisation. For more information, or to apply, please send your CV to Shiva at
Key words: Procurement, direct procurement , category manager, category buyer, supplier relationship, Stakeholder Management, procurement category manager, indirect procurement management, indirect spend, direct, professional services, procurement, west London, Central London, East London, Directors, direct category manager, procurement, analyst, retail, strategic sourcing, FMCG, indirect, direct, marketing buyer, procurement services, London, Digital, FMCG, direct procurement buyer, Middlesex, food procurement, vegetables, senior buyer, food buyer
Love and Tate Appointments