Python Developer Fixed Income Trading Quants Finance London
Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by Joseph Harry Ltd
Python Developer (Programmer Software Engineer Python Fixed Income Bonds Rates Credit Derivatives Amazon Web Services AWS Azure GCP Cloud Quantitative Analysts R Asset Manager Buy Side Investment Management Fund Hedge Fund Finance Front Office Trading Asset Manager) required by our asset management client in London.
You MUST have the following:
- Advanced Python- strong design, architecture and build experience, including the implementation of standards and methodologies
- Very good Fixed Income knowledge. This should include an understanding of durations and yield curves
- Good ability to work and collaborate with Front Office stakeholders such as traders, quants, researchers etc
- Cloud- AWS, GCP or Azure, whether commercially or at home
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Experience interacting with quantitative analysts
- Research within finance
- Asset backed securities (ABS), credit and rates products, Fixed Income derivatives
- Buy-side- asset management, investment manager, hedge fund
Role: Python Developer (Programmer Software Engineer Python Fixed Income Bonds Rates Credit Derivatives Amazon Web Services AWS Azure GCP Cloud Quantitative Analysts R Asset Manager Buy Side Investment Management Fund Hedge Fund Finance Front Office Trading Asset Manager) required by our asset management client in London. You will work in a team of 8 in a Fixed Income technology department of 10-12 scrum teams. This team is dedicated to the Fixed Income quantitative analysts across the company. Your role is to assist the quants in productionalising their models. Specifically, you will be assigned to a lead quant, based in London, who is involved in systematic research.
The quants work in Python and R and productionalisation largely consists of wrapping the models in Python so that they can be deployed on AWS. As a whole, the team tries to keep the models in their original forma as much as possible. There is frequent interaction with the quants so a good base understanding of Fixed Income is required. This can be from the buy side or the sell side.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company where technology works extremely closely with the business and where technology has significant backing to allow for the large-scale adoption of AWS and greenfield in-house development. As the department and London office grow, there will also be opportunities for further future progression.
Hours are 9-5 but can be flexed to allow for school-runs and other commitments. There is flexible working from home.
Salary: £90-120k + 20% Bonus + 10% Pension