Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Lee Enterprises
Lee Enterprises, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Assistant Controller with our Central Finance Center (CFC). The position will oversee day-to-day and month end accounting processes and assist operations management as necessary. The candidate will report to the CFC Director, and will be hands on with a strong working knowledge of general ledger accounting, financial practices and staff management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Staff management
- Accounts payable and payroll processing
- Assisting with and supervising the month-end close (journal entries, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Analysis of monthly financials
- Flash reporting
- Assisting with internal and external audits.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Five years general ledger or equivalent accounting experience
- Familiarity with general accounting processes
- Prior staff supervision preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel including Pivot Tables)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team under tight deadlines and changing directives
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of local news and information, and a major platform for advertising, with daily newspapers, rapidly growing digital products and nearly 300 weekly and specialty publications serving 49 markets in 21 states. Check us out at .