Posted on Nov 22, 2022 by VIQU Ltd
Infrastructure Engineer - Hybrid/Manchester - £40,000 to £50,000
We have recently partnered with a leading European supplier of automation, electronics and measurement technology that are enhancing their IT division due to business growth, as a result we are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join a core IT Team based in Manchester.
This role is perfect for a passionate and technical individual with a diverse background in IT Support. The successful Infrastructure Engineer will provide effective solutions to escalated technical issues and provide a 3rd line level of technical expertise to the business.
The Infrastructure Engineer will need a broad technical skill set and the experience to confidently provide incident investigation, act as a point of escalation, root cause analysis and resolve escalated tickets to conclusion. The ideal candidate will come from a large company or equally an MSP
Remote, hybrid working with two days a week in our clients unique and modern Manchester City Center office, in addition to flexible working hours. You will join an established and expanding team in a highly rewarding environment.
Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Engineer
- You will be working with technologies such as: Azure, VMWare, Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux and Veeam among others
- Support multi-site technical environments, take ownership and resolve escalated 3rd line support issues
- Provide root cause analysis and resolution of deployment & configuration issues as well as ensuring 3rd party applications run efficiently across all platforms
Required Experience and Exposure
- Background providing escalated support with at least 5 years of IT experience
- Commercial experience using: Azure, VMWare, Windows Server, AD, Linux/Unix, Veeam, AWS
- Strong customer service ethos and a passion for resolving queries to a high standard within SLA's
- A natural problem-solver that pro-actively seeks resolutions with the ability to promptly learn new skills
- Exposure to full web technology stack: Network AWS, TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, HTTP/S and Azure Cloud Security
What you will be offered
- Remote, hybrid working with two days a week in the office - flexible working hours
- Minimum 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes pension, life insurance, income protection as well as private medical insurance
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments, medical second opinions and mental health support with a 24/7 helpline
- Optional benefits include cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with a background in support to join an established team that provides support and development. Trust is massively important; you will be rewarded within this role.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Liam Spencer-Wright, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).