Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Ben Johnson
Ben Johnson Ltd are looking for a Part Time Financial Controller to join a well regarded SME in North Yorkshire. Working for the owner/MD this is a great opportunity for an Accountant looking for a role on a 3 or 4 day a week basis (24 -30 hours).
Having recently enjoyed a period of expansion the business has a considered strategy for steady growth over the next 3 years. The Financial Controller will play an integral role in supporting the business plan and will lead all matters finance including cash flow management and budgeting supported by a full time Finance Assistant.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Forward planning, cash flow and budget management
- Monthly itemised accounts and fixed asset schedules
- Bank reconciliation work
- Monthly purchase payments for materials and for sub- contractors/suppliers
- VAT returns on a monthly basis
- Manage payroll ensuring correct calculation of salaries and pensions and expenses
- Assist in the production of year end accounts working with the company's external accountants to ensure they are produced and submitted in a timely fashion
- Provide advice and support to enable effective business decision making including highlighting potential scenarios, risks and opportunities
- Manage bank relationships
Our client is proud to be a value adding Yorkshire business that provides a positive contribution to the local community. The business has an excellent retention record for staff and an ethos of working in a collaborative and supportive manner. We are interested in hearing from all applicants - this role is suited to a fully qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA or ACA) or QBE Accountant with relevant experience ideally in a project based environment.