Risk Management Surveyor - Northumberland - Building Inspector
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Madisons Recruitment Ltd
Madisons Recruitment are excited to be offering a new permanent position for the perfect candidate, we are looking for a Risk Management Surveyor (building inspector).
The right candidate will have to provide site inspection, technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for warranty schemes.
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and or converted, working closely with developers and builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with a technical manual and building regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects. Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters - to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience / Skills;
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC, plan check, and site inspection experience or relevant Warranty experience, or a combination of both.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of the RMS role, including (but not limited to) the ability to;
1. Move around a site
2. Climb ladders
3. Work at height
4. Drive reasonable distances
If you are interested in this position, please apply or contact Dean on or .