Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Teaching Personnel
SCIENCE GRADUATE COVER SUPERVISORS
A Medium sized mixed comprehensive Secondary school in Derby have full time positions for Science Cover Supervisors to join their cover team for February 2019. Due to a restructure within the cover team, the school require Cover Supervisors to work with them on a full time temporary basis, covering lessons in the absence of the class teacher, for the full academic year.
- Full time Science Cover Supervisors required, February 2019 start
- Medium sized mixed comprehensive modern Secondary school in Derby
- Temporary position for the full academic year
- Earn up to £325 per week, depending upon previous experience
- Gain invaluable experience prior to completing a teacher training programme
- Opportunity of further development through CPD courses
The successful Science Graduate Cover Supervisors will be required on a full time basis from 8.30am until the end of the school day each day.
- Covering lessons when permanent staff are absent through sickness
- Ensuring behaviour policies are followed and students are completing the cover work that has been left for them
There will be expectations that the successful Cover Supervisors will cover lessons across the subject and ability range so flexibility and confidence is essential. Cover Supervisors will receive full support and have the opportunity to partake in regular CPD training sessions. It is essential that interested Cover Supervisors have previous experience working with children and young people. Good Behaviour management is also desired for this position.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a full CV in the East Midlands Secondary Office of Teaching Personnel straight away, alternatively call Siobhan on
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.