Senior Networks Engineer-Defence-Juniper-Cisco-Firewalls
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their growing team in Surrey on a 12 month contract.
This is a long term opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest projects and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of Senior Network Engineer you'll be responsible for/have a good mix of the following skills and experience.
1 Substantial Network Engineering experience with exposure Juniper, Dell Fabric, Cisco routing and switching
2 Substantial Network Engineering experience in network systems/infrastructure design (Visio, Excel, words, Documentation)
3 Experiences to include, Network Management Systems, PRTG.
4 Experience in formal network test design and configuration including, Xena network tool, Wireshark, IP flow, SOIP, USBOIP etc.
5 Good Knowledge of software scripting, (API, Web Service, syslog etc.)
6 Experience in Network security (firewalls and IDS) design and implementation.
7 Experience in WAN design and configuration to include but limited to: All WAN media, Packet shaper, WAN accelerator (Riverbed)
8 Worked in a secure environment with understanding of MOD working practices
9 Good understanding of VMware
Substantial Network Design Experience; history of working within a design team, must include writing and updating High and Low level design documentation.
The following qualifications would also be beneficial:
· Windows Server 2003 & 2008; SQL experience
· Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
· Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
· Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds.
· Experience of leading teams from a technical perspective
Network development including: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components. Your role will be to ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network's performance meets the necessary requirements. You would also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on RN platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration.
* An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper, Dell and Fortinet Firewalls
* Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software
* Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
* An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.)
* Current Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP or CCNA/CCNP and/or CCDA certification
* Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet)
* Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g. PRTG and Solarwinds
* A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance and ideally knowledge in one or more of the following:
* Windows Server 2003 & 2008; SQL experience
* Other operating systems including VMware ESXi Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
* Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
* Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global business that has developed a strategy of working closely with its contingent workforce. Within the role, you can expect to:
* Work on complex, cutting-edge projects
* Achieve a work/life balance
* Work on long term contracts
* Develop your skills at a prestigious company
* Gain security clearance
If this sounds like the role for you, I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss further! To apply for the position of Senior Network Engineer, please send your CV to Chris Hill via the 'apply now' button.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn