Project Officer Mersey Gateway Regeneration Plus
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Purpose of the role - To lead on driving the delivery of the borough's major infrastructure and regeneration priorities, and, projects and programmes identified in the Councils Mersey Gateway Regeneration Plan.
* Develop an annual delivery plan for key projects in order to monitor progress, establish key milestones and delivery targets and identify income and expenditure needed to implement schemes
* Review and assess options for maintaining momentum on regeneration delivery and influence the shape and direction of individual schemes.
* To promote and apply flexible and creative approaches to implementing regeneration projects; proactively unblocking problems and barriers and cutting through unnecessary bureaucracy to deliver solutions that keep the project on track.
* Provide a market-led and commercial analysis of the challenges and opportunities relating to respective regeneration projects.
* Identify funding opportunities and prepare proposals to secure resources and generate efficiencies.
* Apply a rigorous financial management and business planning approach to the project management of regeneration schemes.
* Brief, co-ordinate and monitor the work delivered by consultants, including the preparation of specifications and evaluation tenders for the appointment and commissioning of consultants.
* To proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders to influence others to deliver positive outcomes and wider regeneration benefits and to foster a culture that values 'inclusive growth'.
* Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary projects
* Experience of applying project management within a complex environment
* Experience of identifying and managing project risks
* Experience of providing specialist advice to a range of parties
* Experience of attending site visits and contractor meetings
* Familiarity with Public Sector Budgets and governance arrangements
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha (phone number removed)