Manufacturing Improvement Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
If you want to make the difference, come and join our team in Colchester as our Manufacturing Improvement Manager:
* Develop and implementing a strategy to maximise manufacturing and total business efficiencies including delivering improvements in Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery, Lead Time, and Labour Productivity
* Manufacture Fan Assemblies to meet cost and delivery customer requirements.
* Lead and further develop lean manufacturing activities and a culture of continuous improvement in line with the strategic goals, KPI objectives and corresponding plans.
* Select and deploy operational improvement tools to deliver improved performance, e.g. 5S, Standard Work, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping and structured root cause elimination techniques (DMAIC, A3, 8D).
* Provide leadership for environmental and health & safety policy. Ensure the appropriate focus is placed on EHS issues both on the shop floor and business wide, and drive improvement in performance and attitudes.
* Continuously challenge, identify, and act on opportunities for improvement and cost reduction assist the business in creating value both internally and for the customer base.
* Operate always in accordance with the Company Quality Management Systems.
* Maintain company KPI's and ensure targets flow up / down from the shop floor to business leadership; deploy an effective and user owned Visual Management System. Use operational metrics to root cause analyse any problems.
* Participate in and provide input at every stage of the New Product Introduction process to ensure efficient and cost effective manufacturing is possible.
* Ensure effective communications in support of cultural change, being pro-active.
* Supervise, coach, develop and provide leadership and direction to team members. Identify skill/knowledge gaps and develop accordingly.
* Promote team working and communication. Define and assist in training and developing of staff.
* Organise annual appraisals and regular formal and informal performance feedback with staff. Maintain discipline and performance expectations at all times.
* Review and, as appropriate, introduce changes to the team, to ensure the most effective utilisation of resource and optimise cost.
* Deliver departmental budget requirements; provide periodic forecasts and reports for monthly, quarterly, half & full-year reviews; support business goal deployment initiatives.
* Prepare annual departmental budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
* Define Capital Investment requirements, prepare payback justifications and execute as defined.
Additional Duties, Responsibilities & Measurements:
* To ensure compliance with purchasing procedures in accordance with prevailing Company policy, operating systems and business processes. To report and bring to attention any non-compliance and to make recommendations for remedial action.
* To ensure Health and Safety procedures and good housekeeping are adhered to at all times
* Work closely with the maintenance function to develop TPM. Use this to identify capex submissions.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in an assembly and component manufacturing environments.
* Proven experience of both lean and 6 sigma methodologies and implementation.
* Good understanding of implementing system integration and flow manufacturing to concurrent processes. Proven implementation of automated and/or ergonomic process improvement
* Full (start to finish) project management of capital investment.
* Team supervisory, people development and target realisation experience essential.
* Ambitious with a desire to grow and develop within the organisation
* Possess minimum of HND Mechanical Engineering qualification. Degree with Electronic/Mechanical bias preferable. EHS qualification desirable.
* Good interpersonal, influencing and project management skills. A desire for innovation and creativity. A determined and inclusive problem solver
* Team working and leading skills. Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others;A strong understanding of health and safety and current legislative guidelines.Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
* A flexible and adaptable approach to work; the ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges
Flakt Woods offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, company pension and sickness scheme, free parking and sports and social club.
Sounds exciting? Then we look very much forward to hearing from you! Apply directly on our website at the following URL
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 18th February 2019