Contract Mobile IT Device Support
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Ltd
Spectrum IT are working with a large UK retail brand to recruit a Contract Mobile Applications IT Support Engineer. This is a Hybrid working role split between with 3 days onsite per week in the Fareham Hampshire office and home. As the contractor you will undertake an initial 6 month initial will engage via a UK FCSA Umbrella company.
As the Contract Mobile Applications Support Engineer you will manage a mobile device estate of approx. 2,500 iOS devices/users. You will be an active problem solver with strong Mobile Device Management (MDM) experience such as Airwatch/Workspace One (ideally), Intune, JAMF or MobileIron.
Candidates for this role will be highly autonomous and capable of taking a hybrid MDM and Systems Admin role within the business. You will focus on system reports for offline devices, engage in re enrolment of said devices, conduct excel looks ups and manage aspects such as licensing request and running of groups.
You will have access to the inhouse database, software systems and Excel to identify and lists applications that require support allowing you to then proactively resolve these issues.
- Manage the mobile device estate (over 2,500+ devices), using Airwatch Workspace One MDM.
- Signing iOS apps and certificates for internal use, along with applying best practice configuration and housekeeping to mobile devices.
- Setting standards and configuration guidelines to maintain compliance and housekeeping of all UK enrolled devices.
- Central point of contact beyond first line service desk and retail stores for all mobile technology incidents.
- Writing reference-able documentation and prepare reports that demonstrate compliance and housekeeping.
- Apply change management and software updates to ensure minimal disruption to core business activities
- Be part of a wider team on large scale project delivery
- A detailed understanding of Mobile Device Management products (Preferably Airwatch Workspace One)
- Solid experience in iOS, Apple products and App signing and certification.
- MAC OSX and Windows 10 troubleshooting and experience.
- General Networking & Best Practice Wi-Fi Security
- Service Management principles and associated processes, including Problem and Incident Management as well as Change Control procedures.
For more information and to submit your interest, please apply with an updated CV.