Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Responsibilities Related to the Job:
• Formulate product recipes using computer numeric formulation tools including modelling predicted properties.
• Review historical work using the available literature.
• Weigh out recipes in the laboratory, working to a specified level of accuracy. Work will include small scale glaze trials (circa 500g) scaling up through trial quantities (100kg), and, ultimately, supervising production trials.
• Work fluently with dry weight, slop weight, and damp weight recipes as used within the industry, converting between them as necessary to take account of water content.
• Prepare test samples using manufacturing techniques appropriate to the product's end use.
• Ensure that all new products comply with H&S legislation.
• Interpret test results and draw conclusions about product performance.
• Supervise customer trials of new products and oversee product introduction on customer sites.
• Prepare technical reports including tables, spreadsheets and graphs as appropriate.
Required Qualifications and Knowledge, Competencies and Job Skills:
• I.T. Computer Literacy - Appropriate SAP modules, Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Presentation packages, Cloud computing.
• Ability to take on learning of new specific laboratory instrument instruction.
• Manage work effectively in a busy environment and work to tight deadlines
• Continuous Improvement - knowledge and application of appropriate tools and techniques
• EHS - IOSHH Trained - Knowledge of appropriate legislation.
• Basic understanding of Material Processing techniques specifically including grinding, mixing and drying technologies.
• Knowledge of the products and processes involved within the Ceramic industry and particularly with regard to the use of Glazes
What we offer
• Salary is circa. £20,500, depending on experience/right candidate.
• 37 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 8.30 a.m. to 4.45 pm. Friday 8.30 a.m. to 4.15 p.m. with ¾ hr for lunch each day.
• 34 days annual holiday
• Pension - Group Personal Pension company maximum contribution 5%
•A' Level Chemistry.
• Good computer skills
• GSCE English and GCSE Maths at grade C or above.
• Driving License
Please call Paul on (phone number removed)