IT Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
IT Systems Engineer | St. Helens | £35,000+ | Permanent
An exciting opportunity to join a prospering organisation, that has gone from strength to strength over recent years. Now looking to further expand their team, this is a perfect opportunity for someone who has good technical and communication skills and are looking for their next career step!
As IT Systems Engineer you will:
- 3rd line support and point of escalation for service desk
- Resolve customer issues within agreed SLAs
- Gather information and troubleshoot issues
- Propose more efficient methods and contribute to process improvement
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely responses
- Liaise with 3rd parties and be intermediary with customers
- Implement new solutions at customer sites
- Autonomous approach to tasks, personal development, and issue resolutions
We are looking for an IT Systems Engineer who has a combination of the following:
- Experience working at a 3rd line level
- Demonstrable ability to resolve technical issues
- Strong stakeholder and communication skills
- Confident working with Microsoft applications: Azure/O365/Windows Server/Exchange
- Virtualisation set up and admin eg, VMWare or Hyper-V
- Backup technologies admin/schedule/set up
- Understanding of networking - WAN/LAN/vLAN
- Wi-Fi and desktop configuration and management
What you'll get in return
Salary circa £35,000 (D.O.E), 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, death in service, flexi benefits - healthcare, gym, discounts. Free counselling sessions and various social events!
Travel to client sites may be required.
What you need to do now
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application!
I am a Manager for Hays Technology, specialising in Infrastructure for the North West. Helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from my love for learning about the experiences and abilities of people and supporting them on their career journey.