Risk and Controls Senior Manager
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Robert Walters
Risk and Controls Senior Manager - Research Organisation - Watford (3 days per week remote working) - Circa £65,000 - £75,000
Robert Walters are hiring for a Risk and Controls Senior Manager for a research organisation based near to Watford in Hertfordshire.
Reporting into the Head of Internal Audit and Risk, the Risk and Controls Senior Manager will be responsible for a wide-ranging risk management role, with ownership of the operational risk register and supporting on the strategic risk register
- Lead on the embedding and continuous improvement of the risk management framework leveraging their professional and technical expertise.
- Own the Operational Risk Register process (with continuous improvement) which includes measures to ensure the quality of the contents. Also, responsible for setting the priorities.
- Design and deliver on risk management training across the business.
- When dealing with complex risk management scenarios, applies professional and technical expertise to think about the central problem whilst analysing potential wider implications.
- Assist with the management and development of the strategic risk register.
- Prepare monthly operational risk reporting and lead on its continuous improvement. This includes expanding regular reporting to individual risk owners.
- Manage the governance of the risk management process which includes the movement and escalation of risks, risk register ownership and risk champion activity/support.
- Demonstrate understanding of key business processes and risks and their controls.
- Perform evaluation of design and effectiveness of controls.
- Contribute to the development of a risk based internal audit plan.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task on quality work deliverables.
- Coach, train, and provide guidance to business stakeholders (includes risk owners and risk champions) to promote best practice in risk management and effective internal controls.
- Work with stakeholders (at all levels includes external when required) effectively whilst simultaneously challenging any risks or issues when required to continuously add value to the risk management process.
The company are looking for someone with strong risk management experience, and previous experience working on risk frameworks.
Ideally this person will possess a risk management qualification, be a membership of CMIIA or CCAB, or have equivalent CIA or CPA or ACA/ACCA certification or equivalent.
At its core this is a risk business partnering position where you will be working with stakeholders across the business and providing advice on a number of risk issues - So a strong communicator and relationship-builder is essential.
The role comes with a salary of circa £65,000-£75,000 plus a great benefits package.
Apply now to find out more and to view the full job description
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates