Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Experis IT
Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Telford, Shropshire/Remote working
The successful candidates will be willing and eligible to undergo Security Clearance.
We are actively looking to secure 3 Oracle Database Administrators to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
We are currently seeking 3 Oracle Database Administrators to join the Database Administrator (DBA) team at the Database Delivery Centre. You will join a large team of DBA's who are responsible for the complete life cycle of all databases within the organisation.
Database technologies supported include:
- SQL Server
- Mongo dB
What you'll do
We are looking for a DBA to join a team environment providing a DBA function supporting both Project and Live Service teams, involving:
- Design, configuration and Implementation of all database related tools and technologies
- Working with the Architecture team to help define the technical architecture in relation to database systems
- Planning and managing all improvements and ongoing maintenance (routine updates, upgrades, new releases) ensuring that any disruption is kept to a minimum
- Managing the availability of databases that underpin all systems ensuring resources are correctly allocated to guarantee optimum performance and high resilience
- Systems Monitoring; investigating and resolving issues where necessary
- Actively contributing towards the development and maintenance of data standards and data management policies
- Database Migration and Transformation
What you'll bring:
- A strong interest and desire to succeed in the world of Database technologies along with the ability to update skills frequently as new technologies evolve.
- An analytical and critical eye for detail with an interest in learning a range of technical skills.
- Drive, enthusiasm and resilience - to work in a multi-faceted challenging environment
- Commitment to attain delivery goals and personal goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and growing eminence in your skills
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Database.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of an IT infrastructure and the IT life cycle.
- MS Applications.
- Oracle Grid Control.
- Cloud Technologies
- RAC, RMAN.
- Unix, Windows Applications.
- Scripting Tools.
The ideal candidate will be a multiskilled DBA and willing and eligible to undergo SC clearance.
Interested candidates should APPLY NOW!