Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Our Oil & Gas Client based in Dyce, Aberdeen is looking to recruit a Machinist.
Purpose of Role:
To set and operate Horizontal / Vertical Borers, Manual Lathes and Milling Machines, producing new and refurbished components to sample or drawing; assist with the refurbishment and assembly of overhauled equipment in the workshop and the supply of associated spare parts. To deliver the highest quality of repair, on time and to budget, and in accordance with Company and customer specific HSEQ requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
Including but not limited to:
* Set and operate Horizontal and Vertical Borers, Manual Lathes and Milling Machines
* Liaise with contract engineers, service engineers and supervisors to propose repairs and processes to return identified equipment to a serviceable condition and to the relevant specifications
* Accountable for the machined dimensions and quality of all works undertaken
* Carrying out various manufacturing disciplines with a degree of flexibility and integrity and working efficiently to achieve "on time" targets of an excellent quality to company procedures
* A pro-active approach to health, safety and environmental practices in the workshop at all times and assist in driving the required cultural by adopting our key safety values
* Ensure all pre-safety checks are completed, and that all equipment and guarding in the Machine Shop is maintained to a high standard where appropriate liaising with Team Leader/ Manager
* Ensure POWRA Board is completed and relevant to task
* Work with Team Leader/Manager to ensure accurate and on time completion of machining requirements, completing Workshop Documentation, Quality Plans, Workshop Instruction and all relevant Inspection records to meet departmental daily/weekly work schedules
* Ensure a high level of housekeeping and that your area of responsibility is visitor ready at all times using 5 S Techniques; actively participate where required to support the business continuous improvement projects
Please submit your CV now for this exciting opportunity