SAP IS Retail Principal Architect
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
As our Principal SAP Retail Architect, you'll be part of a rapidly growing retail establishment responsible for delivering solutions that ignite growth and deliver value across the organization. You'll contribute to architecture of all associated systems including integration methodology, business processes, process re-engineering and process improvement. You'll also be responsible for consultation with the business and knowledge transfer. You'll work on the most complex projects and contribute to the overall strategic vision of the organization. You'll integrate a broad range of ideas regarding IT architecture and develop strategies for migration toward the architectural vision. This opportunity also involves evaluating, designing and establishing technical protocols and standards for enterprise-wide use and evaluating vendor solutions. You'll provide integrated systems planning and recommend innovative technologies that will enhance the current systems. The SAP Architect validates all work estimates produced for their domain.
As an SAP Architect, you'll work with business and IT teams to plan and execute a strategy for maintaining the current ECC plus integrated landscape while simultaneously working on planning and execution of S4 Implementation. You'll also develop enterprise SAP IS Retail architecture and design methodologies and standards and provide architecture leadership to both technology and business partners across business processes. Understanding, refining and communicating the ERP business requirements and using them to create a robust, sustainable and manageable architecture will be your primary responsibility.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
* Providing Principal Architect level SAP technical leadership and application architecture planning and delivery on large global complex projects
* Establishing or modifying strategy, standards and procedures for SAP integration, configuration, and implementation
* Assisting in the development of SAP technological roadmaps while keeping up to date with emerging technologies
* Researching new technologies to assist in establishing the architectural vision for IT systems
* Leading the design efforts to meet business objectives while driving the overall architecture to improve system reliability and flexibility
* Working with the Leadership to create a roadmap for divesting Retail Legacy systems
* Serve as the subject matter expert for SAP IS-Retail Merchandising and Supply Chain data processes.
* Provide process expertise and solutions in FI, SD, MM, IM areas and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP WMS systems
You'll need to have experience working closely with the business (Business Process owners) and SAP with an ability to articulate how to enable business processes across cross functional areas. You'll leverage functional resources (IT) to ensure the solution will enable business requirements. You'll possess a deep understanding of how changes to SAP IS Reatil solution in one functional area could impact other functional areas or other systems in the IT landscape. You'll provide senior architect level problem analysis and experience aligning Architecture with business requirements. In addition, you'll need to demonstrate a strong ability to learn new information and systems quickly, work successfully in a Matrix organization, and forge partnerships with peers, customers, and suppliers.
Design and perform configuration in ECC and S4 Simple Finance functionality of New General Ledger, Asset Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Project Costing, Results Analysis, Revenue recognition and Profitability Analysis.
* Broad understanding of all S4 components (Finance, Inventory, Allocation, Assortment Planning, Forecasting) of IS Retail solution
* 20 years' business, IT or related experience
* Requires strong FICO, P2P, OTC, IM background with extensive experience handling the integration responsibilities.
* 15 years of SAP IS Retail Architecture experience
* Minimum one S4 Project experience
* Agile experience is a must
* Strong Understanding of SAP CAR, PMR, SAP Retail suite and its integration to Non - SAP
* Experience leading Blueprint (Analysis/Design Phase) and Implementation phases across different functional areas
* Experience with full system life cycle for enterprise application development
* Ability to work effectively across a wide range of functions, technical teams and levels of management
* Ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders and technologists throughout the organization
* Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
* Proven written and verbal communication skills