Assistant Trials Officer
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Job Description -
* Your duties include all aspects of setting up and maintaining trials projects, including securing suitable sites with growers, day-to-day contact with clients, treatment application, efficacy assessments, harvesting, sampling and completion of all necessary paperwork and reports. The suitable candidate must be able to efficiently carry out crop safety trials including herbicide, fungicide, insecticide, pgr, and nutrition
* Trials will be assigned. You will be asked to secure a suitable site with farmers that fulfil the requirements of the protocols we work to, for example for black grass trials we will be looking to sort out a site on a farm with a serious black grass issue - fungicide trials -securing sites on a crop with excellent potential of the variety susceptible to the disease we are testing against.
* You will have plot spraying kit assigned to you.
* We would be asking you to maintain this kit in good order before its annual service at head office.
* We will ask you to spray trials using this kit. This involves mixing up at the side of the field and then spraying those treatments in randomised block type trial arrangements.
* All protocols have a schedule of assessments and methodologies.
* We will be asking you to assess the trials to best pick out treatment differences if present and to see if the aims/objectives of the trial can be fulfilled.
* We will ask that all data generated from the trials are inputted into specific Trials software and then reported on at the end of the season.
* There is pressure to get data to clients at certain times of the year.
* Some of the trials are harvested using either plot combines or by hand for root crops/fruit.
* The arable harvest takes place between early/mid-July and extends to early September in normal years. If no experience with machinery we will still be asking for assistance with recording yields, helping the driver with loading/unloading Lorries, taking samples and dealing with generated paperwork.
* The arable harvest is carried out on a 7-day basis and a rota is worked out to spread weekend work.
* Trial type will be efficacy (for registration) and demonstration trials.
* Will hold a recognised Science based or agricultural qualification from A-Level to Degree Level.
* Company Vehicle available for this role - Must hold a Full UK Driving License (License Check will be completed)
* Holidays at the standard allowance
* Company Mobile, Laptop and Trials equipment is provided.
This role would suit a Trials Officer, Senior Trials Officer, Field Trials or Trials Assistant in the Newark, Bingham, Nottingham, Grantham, Long Eaton, Loughborough, Hucknall, Ollerton, Doncaster or Tuxford areas.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience, expertise and knowledge for this position we would like to speak to you.
Hunter Global Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment / and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited