Solution Architect - London - Up to £95,000 (SC Cleared)
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Stott and May
Are you passionate about working on projects with cutting-edge technology and guiding design and engineering? If so, we want to hear from you! Stott and May are recruiting additional Solution Architects to join new and existing development teams. These Full time hybrid roles offer an excellent salary and many fantastic benefits. (Bonus scheme, Pension Scheme and Car Allowance).
As a flexible Solution Architect, you'll be working to deliver the solution design and define the engineering methods of the client's core mission applications, shaping innovative solutions to problems, underpinned by robust delivery and engineering methods to deliver capabilities that are essential to their business and that they'll love to use.
In your first few weeks in this Solution Architect role, you can expect to:
* Shape and guide solution thinking for complex bids and delivery engagements
* Define system requirements for a software solution to support a scalable and resilient application
* Shape solution designs following a structured methodology as appropriate to the project
* Oversee the implementation of the design in collaboration with other team members such as application, data and security architects
* Work with customer technical authorities to ensure that they have a clear understanding of architecture and design proposals at an appropriate level
To apply for this Solution Architect job, you will need experience in software design, infrastructure, delivery methods and engineering approaches, although you won't be expected to be an expert in them all. However, you will need to know enough to make informed decisions on the best approach to follow and recognize when to use Waterfall vs Agile, PaaS vs IaaS, or proof of concepts vs proven approaches.
You will also need to have:
* Excellent communication skills
* The ability to direct estimation efforts for potential solution costs and delivery timescales is also essential.
Please note: Active SC Clearance is required for this role although this can be provided should you meet the requirements.
If you're looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary and a great benefits package (including bonuses, car allowance and an above market pension contribution scheme)