Senior Business Analyst/Business Architect
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
Bristol Bridgewater house
6 Month Contract
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage a Senior Business Analyst/Business Architect to join then on a 6-month contract at their location in Bristol. This is a secure site and you will be required to undergo basic security clearance and a drug and alcohol test.
The Business Architect plays a leading role with my client formulating, directing and supporting delivery of Business Architecture projects undertaken. You will work in partnership with senior managers deploying expert business analysis skill, broad business knowledge and specialist expertise to create solutions that deliver an effective and efficient business operating model.
Nature and Scope Relationships
You will undertake a key role in business architecture projects. You will act as the key contact for their assigned scope, engaging with business stakeholders on the progress of the pipeline of work for that area and escalation/resolution of delivery issues. In order to apply, you will need to demonstrate the experience and skills required to influence and broker solutions with senior stakeholders, including 3rd party delivery partners.
In your role as Business Architect, you will develop project mandates and lead the initial phase of projects working closely with NNB Technical Architects and 3rd party delivery partners to identify potential solutions to business problems and opportunities. As part of this phase, you will structure and plan the work, manage its execution and lead the presentation of proposals to project boards. Towards the end of this phase, you will work with the delivery team to plan the next phase of the project based on the agreed scope. Throughout the project lifecycle, you will oversee the activities of 3rd party delivery partners, quality assuring relevant deliverables.
- Develop, maintain, implement and communicate the pipeline of business architecture projects and governance framework for the assigned Programme, obtaining stakeholder buy-in and agreement.
- Develop the initial project concept, elaborating the primary business objectives, clarifying the scope and impacts of the proposed change and identifying the initial risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies that affect the successful outcome of the project.
- Consult with senior management and other key stakeholders to capture, evaluate, challenge and prioritise business requirements and success measures.
- Collaborate with 3rd party delivery partners to identify the best solution options including structured evaluation and appraisal of options that ensure user-friendly and efficient solutions.
- Develop robust business cases for business architecture projects. Challenge suggested benefits, translate intangible benefits into tangible benefits and identify additional benefits to maximise the extracted value of the proposed change.
- Act as custodian for the business requirements through the project lifecycle to ensure consistency with the defined solution and delivery of the identified business outcomes.
- Use knowledge of current and emerging trends to enable continuous business improvement that employs latest best practice methods and best in breed technical solutions.
- Support business acceptance of developed solutions, including process and system walkthrough and business acceptance testing.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree qualified, or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering business architecture solutions that eliminate duplication and improve efficiency of business operations.
- Demonstrable experience of business analysis and successful business architecture change in complex and evolving environment.
- Demonstrable ability to identify interfaces between organisational departments and functions and integrate/align procedures and systems across functions.
- Strong proven strategic investigative and analytical skills using a variety of analysis techniques.
- Experience in developing business cases for large complex business change programmes, including financial and numerical modelling and appraisal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of business process analysis and design techniques, including the use of modelling and collaborative tools.
- Extensive knowledge of standard methods and techniques, with the ability to select the appropriate approach for a particular assignment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and written skills, with relevant experience of influencing the decision making of senior executives, business managers and third parties at a strategic level.
- Experience of formal project management techniques plus associated tools and processes, including planning and estimating.
- Strong workshop facilitation and interview skills, including requirements elicitation, negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to drive collaborative working between departments to identify the integrated and best solution.
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC - Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.
I can be contacted on (phone number removed) or where we can talk further or simply apply via the website.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us