Senior Purchasing Manager
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Anonymous
* Manage and develop site purchasing activities, including setting departmental objectives incorporating any global objectives set. Supporting and mentoring members of the team in the achievement of these objectives.
* Manage the integrity of all site purchasing information held on the company MRP system, including cost and delivery information
* Responsible for component delivery to the quality and the manufacturing areas to enable the most efficient capacity utilisation
* Ensure the successful achievement of Purchasing KPIs to meet the business needs.
* Responsible for managing and monitoring inventory targets and stock turns set by the business.
* Deliver the transactional process of supplier transition/rationalisation. Managing order placement, dual sourcing, inventory management and supplier readiness.
* Support the Sales and Operating planning process by analysing site and supplier capacities and developing production actionable plans.
* Be the first escalation point for supplier performance opportunities
* Proven experience working as a Purchasing Manager within a manufacturing/engineering environment essential
* Strong People management skills, having demonstrated a record of effectively managing and working as part of a small team
* An understanding of low to medium volume purchasing would be advantageous