Communications and Information Systems Engineer (Field Based) - Defence/Military
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Synergize Consulting Ltd
Our client, a large multinational defence company, are currently seeking an experience Communications and Information Systems Engineer (Field Based) to join the business in a permanent capacity to based within a discrete project team to facilitate onsite support of a new in-service communications and information system.
The role will be based out of their customers busy and secure site in Herefordshire however will see expensed travel to customers sites across the UK.
Due to the nature of our clients work, the role will require the successful applicant to hold security clearance to a minimum SC level or be will and able to undergo the Vetting process to achieve this.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be based within a discrete project team to facilitate onsite support of a new in-service communications and information system. You will have regular interaction with the end-users, proving them support and fielding their questions and feedback about the system.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering system configuration and deployment advice at the point of demand
- Commissioning new systems into service
- Undertaking test and acceptance activities as part of evolutionary development and change process
- Performing fault investigation and diagnosis
- Delivering adhoc and formal training as required
Your skills and experiences:
- A recent military background, preferably from within the Royal Corps of Signals (Communications Systems Operator or Engineer)
- Understanding of tactical communications and information systems, operation, maintenance and repair. Tactical radios and ancillaries
- Portable Computing Devices Military Applications
- Understanding of IP Networking
- Understanding of radio communications principles and antennas & propagation
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written, able to communicate effectively across a range of stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Highly organised with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to deliver against a continuous operational tempo