AWS Solution Architect - Cloud Data Platforms
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise. Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Title: AWS Solution Architect - Cloud Data Platforms
Location: Any UK based Location (Hybrid)
Who you'll be working with
- The Cloud Data Platforms team is part of the Insights and Data Global Practice and has seen strong growth and continued success across a variety of projects and sectors. Cloud Data Platforms is the home of the Data Engineers, Platform Engineers, Solutions Architects and Business Analysts who are focused on driving our customers digital and data transformation journey using the modern cloud platforms. We specialise on using the latest frameworks, reference architectures and technologies using AWS, Azure and GCP.
- We continue to grow and are looking for talented individuals who want to join our high performing team. If you would like to develop your career as part of a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about increasing the value of the data and analytics in organisations you have come to the right place
The focus of your role
- We are looking for strong AWS Solution Architects who are passionate and focused on data solutions and AWS technology and who ideally have skills in many of the following areas:
- Partners with other solution architects to assess solution alignment to the overall architectural blueprint - and drive proposal writing, solution direction, pricing and costing
- Helps define the performance goals and metrics for the proposed solution
- Understands the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the solution
- Owns Solution Development as liaison between Sales and Delivery teams. Serve as technical liaison between Sales team, Clients, Delivery & support teams up to and including Contract negotiations
- Cooperate with sales team to formulate/execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
- Have experience of designing architecture for data focused Microsoft Azure projects
- Serves as AWS Cloud Solution Architect responsible for design of the solution with knowledge of HA and DR topics, Network, Security, Service Management etc
- Defines an AWS Cloud architecture - for our data focused solutions to meet our customers data and digital transformation requirements
- Understands how to integrate AWS solutions into an overall solution framework
- Works with other solution architects to drive solution alignment to the overall architectural blueprint
- Works on propositions, proposal writing, proof of concepts, pricing and costing
- Serve as technical liaison between Sales team, Clients, Delivery & support teams
- Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of automation tooling such as Azure DevOps to facilitate CI/CD approaches to IaC
- Knowledge of other Cloud Platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Relevant certifications
- Knowledge of IaaS implementation, Availability sets, AWS Networking concepts, DNS, Load Balancing, HA, DR
- Strong skills in areas such as Docker, Kubernetes, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS to name a few
- Our projects are varied, sometimes you may be asked to help define a client's data visualisation transformation roadmap, other times you may be rolling your sleeves up and creating an innovative data platform, for a complex business problem or even assisting in responding
NO Sponsorship Provided.
You will be required to pass through [SC] Security Clearance if you are successful in this recruitment process, which is a condition of undertaking the role.
Please ensure you are aware of the requirements before submitting your application.