Deputy Head of BI
Posted on Nov 21, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Deputy Head of BI - 12 Months FTC - London/Hybrid - £63k - £72k
Your new company
My client, a large Public Sector body is looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Business Intelligence on an initial 12 months contract to be responsible for the daily management of the regional Business Intelligence (BI) team to deliver analytical services and enterprise data solutions supported by appropriate systems architecture.
Your new role
You will be an operational lead for producing effective data analysis, data science, data integration, and data engineering solutions, as well as developing bespoke Azure cloud solutions to deliver operational, tactical and strategic business intelligence.
You will lead the implementation of best practices and standards across data and analytics, including adopting data science principles, techniques, and platforms. You will drive effective planning sessions, lead on the modernisation of data pipelines, and promote iterative insights development through ongoing requirements capture and value identification
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in managing business intelligence, analytical, and/or solution development services
- Experience and knowledge of methodologies and tools, including,: data platforms, Data extraction, transformation, reporting and modelling
- Development methodologies and practices - eg Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP), Waterfall
- Data standards and data quality
- User experience, testing and user guidance and training
- Testing components, system integration and maintenance
- Experience in analytical tools to design, build and maintain BI solutions, including some of the following: advanced technical SQL skills, programming languages (SQL, Python), data science and machine learning libraries, development environments, databases and data storage, data management, ETL, and automation tools (SSIS, Data Factory, Logic Apps/Power Automate), reporting and analytics, systems integration
- Good knowledge of informatics in the NHS, healthcare or education sectors
What you'll get in return
You will get a salary between £62,000 to £70,000 + great benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.