Director of Communications
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Mandarin Oriental London
Director of Communications
As we enter a new era following a multimillion-pound extensive renovation, we are looking for a Director of Communications to oversee all matters relating to media relations. The Director of Communications will liaise with local media, overseas media, colleagues and the public to increase positive publicity, awareness and to effectively handle media requirements. The incumbent will be also be managing all matters relating to advertising, collateral production and other marketing communications for the hotel to help position us as the leading luxury hotel in London.
Could you help transport someone to another world? To an oriental world of luxury, and the most attentive service? To a world that's all about them?
Our colleagues create that world for our guests. And together, we grow. We learn to become better, more refined, more distinguished. Our colleagues are what make Mandarin Oriental memorable.
If you want to be part of a culture that makes its colleagues and its guests feel valued every day, this is the place for you.
With the glamour of Knightsbridge and leafy Hyde Park on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London's most fashionable address. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with award-winning restaurants, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal & Bar Boulud, a world class spa, The Rosebery and a bustling bar; it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape in the capital.
As Director of Communications you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Producing and implement an annual Communications Strategy
- Working closely with the Group's PR agency and Group Communications team to ensure heightened awareness and premium positioning of the brand of Mandarin Oriental in London.
- Translating the requirements of the hotel into an advertising brief
- Plan, organise and oversee all photography sessions for the hotel. These include major collateral photography, food and beverage shots and press release photos.
- Develop and manage hotel's presence on Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram
We offer our Director of Communications world class benefits, including but not limited to:
- Discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals while on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers worldwide
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
With the vision of making our hotel one of the finest hotels in the world, we are looking for candidates that can deliver passionate, kind and genuine service. If this if you, apply now.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.See description