Railway Application Cloud Architect for "Digital Rail Germany" (f/m/d)
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Deutsche Bahn
Deine Aufgaben: Your Tasks
- You take a leading role in ensuring that future implementations of railway applications can be run in highly centralized, scalable and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) private Cloud environments.
- To achieve this, you setup and drive collaborations with related railway vendors to investigate the possible show-stoppers in moving railway applications into COTS Clouds, and identifying means to overcome these.
- You engage in discussion with related homologation bodies (on European and German level), to ensure that also from a homologation perspective any possible showstoppers can be addressed upfront.
- Where this is seen as beneficial, you engage in discussions with other railway infrastructure managers, and possibly setup partnerships with Cloud players from the IT sector
- In the context of the trial and pilot environments, you define and supervise appropriate trial and pilot setups, including also the setup of public tenders for this.
- You have successfully completed a degree in engineering, computer science, or any related field.
- You have specific background in the design, architecture and implementation of railway applications (such as ETCS trackside functionality or digital interlockings), and have a good overview on the latest trends in the railway industry w.r.t. ETCS evolution.
- At the same time, you have a good insight into the latest trends in the IT sector w.r.t. highly scalable Cloud technology, for instance the usage of Docker containers and their orchestration via, e.g., Kubernetes. Ideally, you also have some background in IT security and the usage of private Cloud environments for safety-critical.
- You have the right seniority and personality to drive railway vendors towards maximally future-proof implementations of railway applications and convince any innovation opponents on the way. Any experience related to railway homologation is a further plus.
- If you also have excellent English skills, you've come to the right place!
Take advantage of your opportunity now and become a pioneer! Join us and you'll have the chance to cooperate with leading industry players in a project team of top experts, where you can leave your mark on one of the most technologically riveting fields. You will be working in a startup atmosphere but will still continue to enjoy all of the advantages of a major corporation. You'll also have a robust package of fringe benefits, such as job tickets, free travel (including for family members) and a model with different working time options offering up to 34 days of vacation.