Software Engineer Railway Simulation for "Digital Rail Germany" (f/m/d
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Deutsche Bahn
Deine Aufgaben: Your tasks:
- You will mastermind the development of a high-performance railway simulation environment, its interfaces to traffic control and other systems as well as a visualization of the operating network.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team of mathematicians, AI specialists, computer scientists and rail experts, you continuously improve simulation speed and functionality by optimizing the software, computation hardware, and underlying physical models.
- You constantly find novel methods and techniques to address steadily evolving user requirements in a highly dynamic project.
- You define the long-term development roadmap of the simulation environment, including pilot test products, and interact with internal and external partners in the implementation process.
- You coordinate cooperation with DB-internal and external partners.
- You have successfully completed a Master's degree in computer science or a comparable field of studies.
- You have several years of professional experience in developing and implementing software systems with real-time requirements, for instance in gaming, telecommunication, transport & logistics, automotive, avionics, or science and research.
- You are familiar with scalable parallel programming and real-time data management, including data models and structures, as well as interface development. Ideally, you possess basic knowledge of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- You feel comfortable in an agile working environment using modern development techniques and formats, and you are skilled in managing partners and stakeholders.
- If you have excellent English skills, you've come to the right place!
Take advantage of your opportunity now and become a pioneer! Join us and you'll have the chance to cooperate with leading industry players in a project team of top experts, where you can leave your mark on one of the most technologically riveting fields. You will be working in a startup atmosphere but will still continue to enjoy all of the advantages of a major corporation. You'll also have a robust package of fringe benefits, such as job tickets, free travel (including for family members) and a model with different working time options offering up to 34 days of vacation.