Senior Specialist Artificial Intelligence for "Digital Rail Germany" (
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Deutsche Bahn
Deine Aufgaben: To enable fully digitalized railway operations, we are designing and implementing an AI-based control system for train scheduling and dispatching. As part of an interdisciplinary, highly qualified team, you have the opportunity to apply innovative approaches from the forefront of AI in a railway context - a task that is being conducted by very few teams in the world so far.
- You design, implement and evaluate experiments in AI-supported rail dispatching and scheduling.
- You adapt and develop state-of-the-art AI approaches for prototypes of a Capacity & Traffic Management System that solves complex problems involving multiple time horizons and layers of planning.
- You utilize (and actively contribute to the development of) our proprietary microscopic rail traffic simulation.
- You conduct primary and secondary research in your field and connect with a global expert community.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your ideas from concept to product in simulations, pilot projects, field tests, and eventually live traffic.
- You coordinate cooperation with DB-internal and external partners.
- You have successfully completed a degree (Master's, Doctorate) in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a comparable quantitative field of study.
- You are passionate about the topics of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, with several years of academic and professional experience in these disciplines.
- You have actively applied Deep Reinforcement Learning, Monte Carlo tree search and related AI techniques and are experienced in configuring and applying Deep Neural Networks.
- Ideally, you have successfully applied AI in decision-making systems or other operational contexts.
- You are willing to participate in an Agile and cooperative way of rapid scientific prototyping.
- If you have excellent English skills, you've come to the right place!
Take advantage of your opportunity now and become a pioneer! Join us and you'll have the chance to cooperate with leading industry players in a project team of top experts, where you can leave your mark on one of the most technologically riveting fields. You will be working in a startup atmosphere but will still continue to enjoy all of the advantages of a major corporation. You'll also have a robust package of fringe benefits, such as job tickets, free travel (including for family members) and a model with different working time options offering up to 34 days of vacation.