Plant Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Feb 2, 2019 by Spider & Maritime
Plant Maintenance Engineer
Plant Maintenance Engineer - Maritime Transport is one of the most successful transport companies in the UK today and a market leader in logistics. We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Plant Maintenance Engineer to join our fleet team in an exciting period of growth as we continue to expand and develop the department based in Felixstowe, or remotely based in Dordon, Tamworth depending on candidate suitability.
As part of your role as a Plant Maintenance Engineer, you will oversee the planned and unplanned maintenance of our fleet of container handling and other plant equipment. This is includes Rail mounted Gantry Cranes, Straddle Carriers, Loaded Reach Stackers and Empty Container Handlers based at various locations throughout the county.
The Plant Maintenance Engineer key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the maintenance of a wide range of Container Handling Equipment whilst liaising and working with third party suppliers
- Review and implement best practice regimes
- Improve uptime availability on equipment
- Manage and ensure tight cost control on maintenance spend
- Adhere to all safety procedures and regulations
The ideal candidate will:
- Have engineering experience in a Port or Container Terminal environment
- Have multi-disciplined experience across a range of environments and equipment
- Have maintenance experience with a range of container handling equipment
- Hardworking and have extensive engineering experience on maintaining Container Handling Equipment.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel to a number of locations but will be based at our award winning head office in Felixstowe or remotely based in Dordon, Tamworth depending on candidate suitability and will receive an excellent remuneration package.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a market leading company and you have the relevant skills and experience please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly no agencies please.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
To apply, please click the 'apply via email' button.