Security Engineer - Network Detection & Protection Security Technologies
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by GlobalLogic UK&I
Security Engineer - Network Detection and Protection Security Technologies
At GlobalLogic, we are currently recruiting for a Security Engineer wo has strong experience of hands on design, implementation and support of network detection and protection security technologies.
- High degree of (hands-on) technical guidance & vision with broad subject matter expertise in detonation technologies such as Reversing Labs, Broadcom Content Analysis & FireEye EX.
- Ability to understand & deploy YARA rules and when necessary work alongside security analysts to deliver and deploy custom rules.
- Ability to recognise and react to false positive or true negative detonation behaviour from Sandbox detonation technologies, including URL or File destination.
- Strong knowledge of security network architectures (eg Firewalls, Packet Brokers, DMZ, proxies, DNS, web and Mail Servers) and the principles of networking
- Exposure to cloud technologies, AWS, Azure and SaaS based security solutions
- Proficient in deploying & maintaining VM hosted security appliances.
- Proficient in troubleshooting technology & network issues
- Experience integrating with APIs to facilitate information gathering and automation of repetitive tasks
- Excellent ability to execute where information is ambiguous, utilising professionalism, experience and prior knowledge
- The successful candidate will work closely with on-shore and off-shore teams to enhance/upgrade/uplift existing services and provide L3 support
- Strong technical expertise is required for the role. The candidate will follow technical practices and strive for technical excellence both in security and network development
- Ability to interact with non-technical service resource to review onboarding procedures and guide them through technical concepts as part of new integration projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong writing skills for use in creating high quality documentation for internal customers and technical support teams
- Work in collaboration to deliver large programs of work, owning and taking the technical lead ensuring items are completed as expected
- Strong interpersonal skills; role will require engagement with a varied and global internal and external customer base
- Understands the requirements of governance in a large financial environment, particularly around Change Management, Risk Management, handling major and minor incidents, Disaster Recovery planning/testing and meeting requirements of rigorous Audit mandates
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Negotiation and prioritisation skills; role will require the ability to negotiate and prioritise activities with senior stakeholders based on available resources
- Ability to think architecturally and able to translate this into practical security implementation
- Relevant professional certifications in information technology or cloud security eg CISSP, CCSP
- Basic/Intermediate level of Scripting/coding ability eg python, PowerShell, etc
- Ability to work in remote teams, set and control own work load and be able to lead and mentor others.