IT Support Technician
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
As the IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for the logging, resolution or escalation of all IT issues that have been reported to the IT Service Desk. You role will help add value to the business by supporting and improving the availability and deployment of technical solutions as you work closely with the Head of IT.
- Our client, based in Barnstaple, are a publicly funded property organisation who are passionate about supporting their customers. As well as building homes, they manage tenancies and support communities with additional services.
- The client are passionate about their people and have a team of 130+ that contribute to the running of the business.
- As part of their expansion, they are investing into their internal IT Team, and are recruiting for an experienced IT Support Technician to join the organisation.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to join a busy IT Team. As technical 2nd Line Support, you will be responsible for:
- Resolving, escalating incidents or requests assigned to the team from on site and remote staff.
- Monitoring functionality of Core Systems such as Network and Infrastructure to support 99.9% availability during business hours.
- Ensuring all incidents and requests are accurately and continually updated in the Service Desk tool, including technology supplier engagement in regard to technical consultancy and problem resolution.
- You will have extensive practical experience of a number of IT areas including;
- Network fundamentals
- Infrastructure - Windows Server
- Desktop hardware (Windows 7, 10 Desktops and laptops)
- Active Directory and/or Azure AD
- Office 365
- You will have a proven analytical approach to troubleshooting.
- You will be a good communicator and able to relate technical issues to users either through web chat, in person or on phone.
- You will preferably be located within a sensible commute of the Barnstaple area.
In return for your passion and expertise, you will receive a salary between £28,000-£33,000 p/a depending on experience.
You will also receive the following:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 7% Employer contribution Pension
- Cash Plan of up to £1400 per year
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Well-being Support
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme