Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Computer Futures - South West
Software Engineer opportunity to join a Software Engineering business working on cutting edge aviation technology. You will be working out of the Bedford office - on a Hybrid basis.
Software Engineer opportunity - Bedford - up to £65,000 + Bens
The Software Engineer role plays an important part in the company's product development process. The engineer will be responsible for enhancing and evolving the software solutions to meet the requirements of organisation.
Working within an Agile framework, the role requires a hands-on software engineer who cares deeply about both the technological and social aspects of developing and testing highly functional, solution-based software systems to a high standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software Engineer responsible for performing the software engineering functions, including the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for enhancements and new software products.
- Applies appropriate principles, standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Duties include software requirements analysis, analysis of hardware compatibility, development of software products and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, other technical resources, etc.).
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Work with multiple teams based in different locations and time zones.
- Collaborate closely with software developers and product engineers to ensure security principles are applied consistently throughout
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with peers
Skills & Responsibilities
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development principles and practices using Angular V4+ (preferably V12)
- Self motivated to learn new skills
- Experience in developing on Windows
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (Abstraction, Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.)
- Unit Testing
- Experience in working on mobile or hybrid applications
- Experience in Bootstrap and Webpack
- Experience of Linux
- ASP .NET core SPA (Angular)
- Minimum 3 years developing enterprise level software solutions
The company offers fantastic Benefits, career progression and an exciting and rewarding place to work where you will be challenged.
If this sounds like something you are interested in apply now.
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy