Senior Data Engineer - REMOTE WORKING
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Proactive Appointments
Senior Data Engineer - REMOTE WORKING WITH OCCASIONAL OFFICE VISITS
Senior Data Engineer: An exciting role as a Senior Data Engineer to lead deliveries for Data Engineering solutions for the provision of accurate and timely data to contribute to the clients operating plans.
Experienced in Snowflake or Matillion, with a minimum of 4 years experience in Warehousing, the Senior Data Engineer will be the Engineering lead in a major replatforming project, as well as BAU projects.
The successful Senior Data Engineer will hit the ground running as an expert in Data Engineering, and will support and mentor the Data Engineers in the team.
Here are some of the main responsibilities of the Senior Data Engineer:
- Data Engineering, delivering personal objectives, demonstrating alignment to EDS, IT and objectives and ensuring that focus is maintained.
- Lead on Data Warehouse development in the implementation of new data solutions, ETL's, guiding and coaching additional developers throughout.
- Actively contribute towards continuous improvement of data engineering standards/process.
- To prioritise, plan, monitor and report on allocated projects/Small Change to ensure delivery is within timescale, to budget and management are kept informed on progress.
- Demonstrate superior technical skills in relation to designing data engineering solutions to meet business requirements and to be able to develop these skills for other allocated resources within the team.
Here are some of the main skills and experience required to be successful in the Senior Data Engineer
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in data warehouse development
- Experience with Snowflake and Matillion
- Understanding big data concepts in processing data in Real Time and in batch, with understanding of application in Data Lakes and Data Warehouses.
- Hands on experience in developing end to end Data Engineering solutions. With a minimum of 3+ years advanced programming skills in languages such as Python and T-SQL
- Demonstrable relevant experience of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) in data deliveries, with emphasis on design, control and quality.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website