Deskside Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Michael Page Technology
Join a Service Desk team which provides a high quality of IT customer services. This role gives you the opportunity to work for a business with IT progression.
Michael Page are partnering with a client who are looking to grow their IT team.
- Deliver customer excellence and adhere to best practice principles
- Ownership of support ticketsand escalating issues when required
- Support the major incident management and problem management process as required
- Efficient and effective delivery of second and third-line operational support including (but not limited to) desktop and client support, local server and network support, desk-side delivery and desk-side training of end users
- Support, Manage, Optimize and Maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, to include, but not limited to, patch updates, hardware replacements, with spares provided by vendor.
- Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on all Desktop Devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements
- Proactively support the investigation of problems and help identify workarounds, fixes and root causes.
- Implement solutions as agreed with the End User Support Manager and Problem Management Team.
- Manage user relationships and engage with the Service Delivery Team and third-party providers as required
- Highly accurate and performance driven and can lead by example
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Customer focused attitude.
- Strong and demonstrable ability to identify and manage InfoSec, risk and compliance issues
- Technically skilled Deskside engineer with considerable experience supporting modern desktop environments, Citrix, Azure Desktop, netscaler and end user computing technologies
- Logical thinker with a clear and structured approach to troubleshooting complex environments
- Can formally capture and annotate complex processes using tools such as MS Visio
- Exceptional knowledge of industry standard applications such as the O365 application suite, Active Directory, Exchange, MDM solutions and deployment tools
- Demonstrable experience with networking and IP telephony
- ITIL accreditation
- Formal technical accreditations
- Project management experience
- Administration of Airwatch, Insight, SCCM
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000