Azure Virtual Desktop Administrator (SC Cleared - Essential)
Posted on Nov 18, 2022 by Specialist Computer Centres PLC
You will need current SC clearance for this role
You will work as an Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) SME in an Agile DevOps way for the Virtual Desktop and Application Team.
You will be involved in running, operating and developing the Environment. You will also be involved in migration of existing Virtual Desktops and Application users from the current solutions to AVD. The AVD environment is managed via Infrastructure as a Code with DevOps pipelines using Terraform. You will be expected to develop and execute these code pipelines to maintain the environment. You are also expected to participate in knowledge transfe, documentation and cross skilling the Team comprising of Junior SMEs.
- Working as an Azure Virtual Desktop SME in an Agile DevOps way for the Virtual Desktop and Application Team
- Running, operating and developing the Environment
- Develop and execute Infrastructure as a Code pipelines using Terraform and PowerShell
- Provide depth in knowledge and leadership to migrate out existing user base from Citrix into AVD and transition into steady state support.
- Develop competency in the team and cross skill junior SMEs
- In-depth understanding of the Azure and AVD architecture including good understanding of AVD design best practices and Migration best practices.
- Good Understanding of Management, Configuration and Deployment best practices of Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD).
- Highly Proficient in configuring and managing Resource Pool, Host Groups, Images, Apps and User Access
- Highly proficient in configuring user customization through FSlogix
- Good Understanding of Virtual Desktop and Application strategies and best practices
- Sound knowledge of Cloud Computing Fundamentals and Azure
- Hands on Experience of Terraform and PowerShell
- Understanding of Agile frameworks like SCRUM
- Good Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, and customer responsiveness
- Working knowledge of tools like JIRA and Service Now.
- Experience in Management, Configuration and Deployment of Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD).
- Experience in AVD architecting and design.
- Experience in working in an Agile DevOps team following SCRUM.
- Experience in Transition and Migration projects for remote working capability for a large and technologically diverse applications and user groups.
- Experience in managing environments using Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform and Powershell)
although this role is remote the client may ask you to be onsite occasionally in Gloucester